Sunday, March 6, 2011

Relative Value

I am just back from Half-Price Books, looking at the shelves that I thought I had been relatively ruthless about, and having seller's remorse!  I wish I had gotten rid of more!  More!

The mere presence of really-truly-useless-shouldn't-be-here crap seems to cloud my brain.  "Well, Y is more valuable to me / I am more likely to want to read Y than X, and X is still here, so obviously I shouldn't get rid of Y"  Funny how once X is gone, and Y sits there exposed on the very bottom of the utility scale, I wonder why I wanted to keep Y around at all!

All of which is to say that it's a process.  Always a process.  And I am not a patient person, particularly with myself.

We got rid of about 4 decent-sized boxes of books, though.  And I have free shelf space!  Not much, but it's a start.  And we had a pretty nice family outing.  And I got Rubio's fish tacos out of the deal. 

I am also going through the girls' clothes for our MOMS Club clothing swap this coming week.  That's hard too, especially since we're teetering between being able to wear last summer's sizes (especially if we're out of diapers soon) and needing the next size up...

No great insights, nothing pithy.  Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment