Sunday, July 17, 2011

Titular Changes

Finally!

I had enough of an inspiration to give this blog an actual title.  Yay!

Compliments of Merriam-Webster Online:

abecedarian (n):  one learning the rudiments of something (as the alphabet)

This word cropped up in one of our "A Word a Day" calendars nearly a decade ago.  Tonight, for some reason, was the night I finally made the connection between it, and another (kinda major) piece of my life.

I am A.  The incredibly wonderful man who is my husband is D*.  When the girls surprised us by arriving a bit ahead of schedule, C's name was already determined.  However, we still needed another girl's name.  When we realized that we already had A, C, and D as first initials, it seemed clear that we should focus on names beginning with the letter B.  This may be the only reason we were able to decide on a name before leaving the hospital!


I also love the idea of an abecedarian being someone who is still learning, because that's something I truly enjoy and value.

*I know, I know.  Technically, D could or should also be considered an A, but he's gone by D his entire life.  And it works out so much better this way for my title.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment