Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Berry Pickers


A really fun morning at Webb Ranch in Portola Valley on Friday.  Many berries were picked, and just as many were consumed, as you can see by the empty basket C is holding.  The girls had a great time, which made me happy that we'd made the effort to go.  What made me even happier was the taste of sun-warmed blackberries and boysenberries straight off the vines.  Definitely a win on the happiness-per-effort-expended basis!

I have so many good memories of picking berries as a kid.  Raspberries and boysenberries at Grandma's house.  Blackberries *everywhere*.  Huckleberries up at the cabin.  Blueberries and gooseberries in our backyard.  Two days later, I'm still enjoying that the girls had fun doing something I loved as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment